Overall Service Information
A centrally managed enterprise messaging service that allows basic email send and receive with various attachments, calendaring including sharing and delegate permissions and global address list (GAL). The enterprise email system is based on Microsoft Exchange 2010 and allows secure access through Microsoft Outlook 2003+ or a web browser. Also available is secure transport of messages to external email host providers where supported.
Basic Email Account
- $8.00 per month per enabled mailbox account
- State of NM Address (state.nm.us)
- Global Address List (users, external contacts and distribution lists)
- 1 GB primary storage
- Email Message Size up to 20 MB (10 MB for graphic files)
- Recovery of Deleted Items for 7 days
System Availability, Reliability and Protection
- 99.9 Availability (24 × 7 × 365)
- Load Balance User Connections
- Anti-Virus / Anti-Spam and content filtering (local and gateway)
- 30 Days journaling
- Centralized System Backup
- SSL for user connections (HTTPS)
- TLS to external email host where supported
- Outlook Web App (OWA) access via internet browser
- Outlook Anywhere support (Client Software Not Provided)
Additional Services (no additional fee)
- Manage users accounts, external contacts and distribution list via the Help Desk web application
- SMTP Relay for applications and devices
Optional Services (additional fee applies)
- Additional 1 GB storage for $6.80 per month (maximum 2 GB per mailbox account)
- BlackBerry Enterprise Services (BES) for $5.00 per BlackBerry device per month
- Email encryption - $1.50 per email box per month
- Coordinate with Department of Information Technology for mass mailing.
- Follow established procedures and policies for acceptable and unacceptable email use.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot client software
- Retain and delete emails according to agency's records management policies
- Provide (purchase, install, configure, support) Outlook software
The service is available to all customers 24 × 7 × 365, excluding planned and unplanned maintenance windows. Maintenance windows are used only when needed for system updates and changes. The scheduled maintenance window for email services is every Sunday from 7 am to 11 am. Notification will be distributed prior to utilizing the maintenance window.
DoIT may monitor the use of this service at any time and by any reasonable means. In providing services, DoIT reserves the right to take any action necessary to protect the integrity or security of state information technology systems, resources, or infrastructure.
Potential Future Services (some fees may apply)
- Email Archiving, Retention and Discovery Capabilities
- Instant Message with Office Communication Server
- Voicemail with Unified Messaging
- Redundant Hot Site
Contact the Enterprise Support Desk @ (505) 827-2121 or email: EnterpriseSupportDesk@state.nm.us for additional information.